domingo, 30 de agosto de 2020

Days of the Week with Very Young Learners

 Hello there!

It was quite a challenge for me to find a way of teaching little kiddos days of the week. Almost none of them was familiar with the concept in their own language, so how was I to teach it in English?

We were doing Food topic and I was planning to read a Very Hungry Caterpillar, so the knowledge of days of the week as words that exist and that they were going to hear in the story was Not THAT important, but useful. 

I really liked the monsters PinkFong created for the song "Days of the Week", so I copied the characters, added those that were missing, assigned some movement to each of them and introduced days of the week to my very young learners in a funny and entertaining way. They learned all the movements/gestures along with the names and we started to read the story. Every time they heard "on Monday", or "on Friday", their eyes started to sparkle and they showed me the movement. All pleased and satisfies. Mission completed!

In the video below you can see a brief example of what it was like.


You can donwload Days of the Week MONSTERS 

for FREE

HERE.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario